Well I sewed and I sewed and I sewed. When we got back from Raro, I was under commission to start a dress for my sewing class. I had made the design and had one calico fitting with the model, a lovely lady who had bought some fabulous beaded fabric and taffeta, and started to cut out the calico for the second fitting. I got it all together the Tuesday after we got back and lo and behold there was no sewing class, it was a school holiday. So there was no fitting. The next week, no class either so I went to exercise, I haven't been for about two years now, and boy have I missed it.
I thought I would get Cherylee at home and give her a fitting so I could get the fabric cut out on Tuesday night, but no by the time we organised ourselves it was going to be better to get it fitted on Tuesday night and start cutting. Which is what I did, I didn't get the beaded lace cut out, but mostly everything else.
Wednesday night - I had a Her Business meeting, going along to these meetings and networking, seeing what other people are up to for a business and having drinks and nibbles. I had bought and paid for it, and I was going. Shels, Tracy and I had a great time - the speaker was authoritative, if not a little boring, but the Chinese "doctor" who is going to give us a free seminar next week on Chinese medicine was very interesting. Fancy if you have a double chin you have digestive problems - no kidding.
Anyway, back to the sewing, once home on Wednesday night I got the room ready for sewing and on Thursday night, I cut the lace, hammered all the beads of the seams (really) and started to piece the dress together. 4 hours
Friday night - dress coming together nicely, stressing about the length as now operating strictly by guidelines on calico. Had talk with the husband and decided not to do this again. Public Speaking is much less stressful. 3 hours
Saturday morning - up with the larks and put most of the dress together, lined it and waited for the client to turn up for the final fitting. Small alterations to make it fit, and back downstairs for the sewing. Worked until 12.00 when I had to go to work to merge a database, all the work had been done for it, and we were meant to be back on the network but lunchtime, however, thank God it wasn't a happening thing, so back home and on with the dress. Finished about 3pm and texted client to pick it up anytime from now on. 6 hours. Client thrilled but now wants bag to match with left overs. Not happy with how I finished the armholes, but best I could do in the time.
Had a large glass of wine - first for days.
Sunday morning - realised I should have put bias round the armholes. Too late for this party, but at least she could wear it, and she wants to take it on a cruise, so will have chance to update it. Work calls the network is back up, they must have worked on it during the storm we had yesterday afternoon. So off to work for a couple of hours. It will be nice to get back to normal next week. Sleep, eat, work, etc. Can't wait.
Sunday, 27 July 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment